To connect to the VPN Server from a MacOSX client computer, you need to follow these steps:
- Download and install an OpenVPN client for MacOSX
- Login to the Access Server's Client Web Server and download the appropriate client configuration file (typically called "client.ovpn")
- Run the OpenVPN client with the downloaded client config file
A popular OpenVPN client for MacOSX is Tunnelblick. It can be obtained for free from https://tunnelblick.net. Follow these basic steps to use Tunnelblick with OpenVPN Access Server:
- Download the Tunnelblick disk image file (a ".dmg" file) from https://tunnelblick.net
- Open the downloaded disk image file (which mounts the disk image).
- Double-click the Tunnelblick icon (it may be labelled "Tunnelblick.app") and you will be guided through the installation of the program.
- Once you have installed Tunnelblick, you can download and install the configuration file. After logging in to the Access Server's Client Web Server, download the client.ovpn file and double-click it. This will launch Tunnelblick if necessary, and Tunnelblick will install and secure the configuration.
- Run Tunnelblick by double-clicking its icon in the Applications folder. If left running when you logout or shut down your computer, Tunnelblick will be launched automatically when you next log in or start your computer.
The first time Tunnelblick is run on a given Mac, it will ask the user for the an system administrator's username and password. This is necessary because Tunnelblick must have root privileges to run, as it modifies network settings as part of connecting to the VPN.
For more information on using Tunnelblick, see the Using Tunnelblick at https://tunnelblick.net/czUsing.html.
After Tunnelblick is installed download and click on the client.ovpn file provided in your welcome email and you should be connected. If there are any issues please open a support ticket
and it will be resolved.